Wednesday, May 13, 2015

First look at Santa Clara Valley Brewing's new brewery

It's big news for South San Francisco Bay beer aficionados that Santa Clara Valley Brewing (SCVB) recently completed their brewery in South San Jose and has even started brewing a few batches. I got a chance to check the place out for myself and spent few minutes chatting with Brewmaster Steve Donohue.   As you might expect, Steve doesn't have a heck of a lot of time to chat with anyone while he's getting the brewery up and running.  Steve tells me to expect a couple new brews from SCVB, a Pale Ale, and a Session IPA.  For those expecting the Session IPA to be a dialed down version of their popular flagship Electric Tower IPA, Steve enthusiastically assured me the Session IPA would have its own unique character unlike Electric Tower.  The tap room in the front is still under construction and could likely open in as soon as a couple weeks, but the actual date will depend on when the necessary permit approvals and completed. As for getting the whole place up and running, Steve shook his head as he told me "I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, but it's been fun so far."

I'll leave you with some pictures of the brewery.  The tap room was still under construction so I won't post pictures of it, but when finished, I think it's going to look pretty sharp.









No comments:

Post a Comment