Monday, September 21, 2015

Road Trip to Bend: The Crux of the Matter

Yours truly about to enjoy some fine beers at
Crux Fermentation Project
Whenever I asked about where to go for beer in Bend, everyone told me I had to go to Crux Fermentation Project. They were right. Saisons scream with flavor at just the right volume without being overpowering. Sipping a simple Porter, I unwittingly stumble onto a coffee bomb. My only nitpicking complaint was that the sours were barely sour, understanding many would find an un-sour sour something of a virtue. Looking around in the friendly, chattering space, I realize in Bend, sipping barrel-aged beers while high end pub food is lots of people's idea of good family time out.  Or a loud date night. It would have be indelicate to sample the entire tap list so reluctantly, I had to resist the temptation to do so.





No comments:

Post a Comment